Period™ Spring Sash
Spring-balanced sash windows combine all the period features of our Period™ Box sash windows with high-performance and security elements.
Pre-tensioned spring balances in place of lead weights offer the perfect solution to extensions and traditional newbuild projects where a slimmer frame is designed to be fitted straight into the structural opening.
The collection shares the same technological platform as our Period™ casement window and door range including warp-resistant engineered timber, factory applied micro-porous paint finish and high-performance energy saving glass units.
Elegance™ Spring sash range is packed with discreet innovations such as Conceal™ Trickle Vent System, Slimmer double glazed units, 35mm middle rails (slimmest sections compared to any premium brand) and numberless choices of styles including Leaded Lights, Slimline glazing bars, Arched, Swept Head or Rounded to complement the character of any period building.
Our Unique Features
Exceptionally slim Sash window sections compared to any premium brands – Period™ sash range comes with particularly slim window sections to carefully match the original single-glazed traditional sash windows. From 35mm meeting rail (otherwise known as middle rail) to 18mm detailed glazing bars – our window collection is capable of complementing any property’s period character and look.
Neat Silicone seals – Purpose-made grooves on the inside and outside of the window accommodate the silicone necessary to protect against water ingress. Appropriate coloured or clear silicone is factory applied, guaranteeing a perfect, unobtrusive seal.
Unique external sills – over the years we have developed a range of unique external sills, which not only enhance the look of the property in keeping with its period, but also provide the necessary protection against the elements. Various sill types are available including Stub Sills, Sloping, Chunky and Bespoke. Matching period sash drips are available in the same design and style to replicate the traditional look.
Conceal™ Trickle Vent system – conventional trickle vents can be extremely unsightly with protruding canopies and head-drips seriously affecting the external look of any property.
With the arrival of our Conceal™ Vent, the unattractive, unpleasant trickle vents are a thing of the past. Our innovative Trickle Vent system has the air channel re-engineered to appear between the frame and the casement, thus removing the need for any external canopies and protect the all-important character of any period property.
- Engineered European Redwood construction with hardwood sill reduces warping, twisting and swelling
- Factory applied water-based (micro-porous) paint finish ensures longevity & durability
- Factory glazed with high performance insulated glass units delivers excellent thermal performance
- TGI Warm Edge Spacer bars minimise heat loss and combat condensation on the inner panes
- Whole window U-values as low as 1.2W/m²K
- Hidden drainage & ventilation channels prevent glazed unit from misting
- Internal glazing prohibits would-be intruders from gaining entry into the property by removing the glass
- Multi-point locking system with lockable handles for that extra peace of mind
- Arched Heads, Swept Heads, Curved or Shaped windows can be made to match any architectural design
- 18mm Slimline period glazing bars in keeping with the property’s character and aesthetics
- Choice of 6/9/12/15mm antique, black or white lead lights to complement period character and look
- A range of designer ironmongery in a variety of finishes to complete your new windows in a traditional or modern style